The dream of many nerdy boys is to one day grow up and marry a nerdy girl. If you were one of those lucky boys that accomplished their dream, below is a quick quiz you can give that nerdy girl you stole the heart of. If she knocks this quiz out of the park, hold on to her forever. I didn’t know all of these answers before creating this quiz. I would be shocked if she did.
Turn this into a fun game tonight. If she’s the nerd you think she is, she’ll love the challenge.
- What city does Batman protect?
- Who is Mario’s brother?
- Live long and [fill in the blank].
- What is Iron Man’s real name?
- Who is the famous antagonist from Nintendo’s Mario franchise?
- Are you willing to cosplay?
- What is the popular wookiee’s name from Star Wars?
- Who is the princess Mario is always trying to save?
- What planet does the Death Star destroy in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope?
- The fan-named ‘Jump Man’ from the original Donkey Kong video game is now known as who?
- What is Sonic?
- What is the cannibalistic group of humans called in Joss Whedon’s popular TV series Firefly?
- What popular Marvel film from 2012 did Joss Whedon write and direct?
- What’s the name of the fictional artificial intelligence (AI) from the Halo game series?
- In what year was the arcade game Pong created?
- What was the first ever game released on a commercial gaming console that was in 3D?
- The first game to ever show blood and gore was so violent it was banned in the UK. Name that game.
- What’s the best selling game console of all time?
- What’s the fictional, self-aware artificial intelligence (AI) from the Terminator franchise?
- What model of Terminator is Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Terminator film franchise?
- Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where [finish the sentence].
- What town in Iowa is the birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk from Star Trek?
- Name the jock fraternity from the Revenge of the Nerds films.
- What fraternity do the nerds join in the first Revenge of the Nerds film?
- In Final Fantasy VII, what is Cloud’s last name?
- Who is known for saying “Thank you come again.” on the Simpson TV series?
- In what year was Windows XP released?
- Dr. Ivo Robotnik is the villain in what popular video game franchise?
- The TV series Firefly was a mashup of sci-fi and what other genre?
- When is National Nerd Pride Day?
- What is the fabled 13th human colony in Battlestar Galactica?
- A hobbit is also know as a what?
- What profession were the two brother from Nintendo’s Mario Brothers?
- In The Legend of Zelda, ‘Zelda’ was the name of who?
- How many bits was the Nintendo 64?
- What does E3 stand for?
- True or false? Is Samus from Metroid a woman?
That’s all the questions there is for now. The answers are below. How did she fare? Let me know in the comments.
Answers: 1. Gotham City, 2. Luigi, 3. Prosper, 4. Tony Stark, 5. Bowser, 6. Yes (the answer is always yes!), 7. Chewbacca, 8. Princess Peach, 9. Alderaan, 10. Mario, 11. A Hedgehog, 12. Reavers, 13. The Avengers, 14. Cortana, 15. 1972, 16. 3D Monster Maze, 17. Chiller, 18. PlayStation 2, 19. Skynet, 20. Cyberdyne Systems Model 101, 21. no man has gone before, 22. Riverside, 23. The Alpha Betas, 24. Lambda Lambda Lambda, 25. Strife, 26. Apu, 27. 2001, 28. Sonic the Hedgehog, 29. western, 30. May 25th, 31. Earth, 32. halfling, 33. plumbers, 34. the princess the main hero was in love with, 35. 64, 36. Electronic Entertainment Expo, 37. true
Photo credits: Anna M